So, I've been thinking about my project and what unit of studying I will be in when it's actually implemented in my classroom. The conclusion I've come to is... I have no idea. I teach 8th grade L.A. and we don't have specific blocks of time set aside for when each unit has to be completed. So, that left me with a bit of a quandry. Flexibility will be key in my project, because I want to make sure it fits with whatever we are studying at the time.
I really want to do something that includes Movie Maker. I'm really into videos and live presenteations, and since learning how to present is required through our GPS, I thought that Movie Maker would fit in well. I have access to video cameras and digital cameras at my school, so I think my classes could pull this off.
We will either be on persuasive writing (my personal fav), poetry/drama, or research. No matter which one of these it is, I'm sure I can come up with a better plan for incorporating some funny yet educational videos. My students are all about video taping themselves doing crazy things and posting them to YouTube, so why not make a project out of it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment