Where am I with my project?
I am doing well with my project planning, and I think it's going to work out well with my persuasive unit. Writing the project pre-plan really help concrete everything for me, so I'm happy about that. I am still a bit nervous about getting all of the technology in sync, but I think once I know when to implement the project, it will all fall into place. I've hinted around the project to my students, and the response has been awesome. They are so into creative projects, especially ones that involves video, so I am so excited to see how it turns out!
Thoughts and concerns about assessment....
Honestly, I feel pretty good about the whole assessment. I think that getting the students involved in the process is going to be essential. They seem to do better when they are a part of the grading process. Having them provide input for the rubric will be great, because it doesn't leave all of the work on me, and they get a chance to voice their opinions. This is going to be awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Your project idea sounds great. Student's always do get very excited when they get to create projects, I know mine always did. They always would seem very self motivated. I really like the assessment idea allowing the students to have a say in how they are graded. This really pushes them to actually complete the project to the best of their ability because they helped come up with the constraints. Hope you have a great week!
I am glad to know that you have confidence in your project. I envy that. ^^
It's great to have student involvement for assessment, I am sure your students are excited about the project.
Keep up the good work~!
It sounds like you have a great plan in place! Persuasive units can be so much fun when the teachers shows as much enthusiasm as you do! I'm sure using video and having the kids help create your rubric and tap into their creative energies will make for a successful project!
Post a Comment